Training Today’s Teenagers To Be Tomorrow’s Leader
Assisteens is an auxiliary branch of Assistance League Santa Clarita. It is comprised of 7th through 12th graders who engage in volunteer activities and philanthropic projects throughout the year within the Santa Clarita Valley with the goal of developing a sense of community awareness, self-reliance, personal responsibility, and leadership skills.
Assisteens participate in a number of activities benefiting the community, including:
- Volunteering at Assistance League Resale
- Assisting Assistance League Santa Clarita members at Operation School Bell®events
- Purchasing items and assembling Foster Care Backpacks for the Department of Child & Family Services
- Outfitting Teddy Bears that are distributed to traumatized children
- Participating in the city’s River Rally Clean Up
- Christmas decorating and present wrapping at the SCV Convalescent Hospital
- Decorating Christmas cookies for the Santa Clarita Emergency Shelter
- Planning and carrying out an event for the residents of LARC Ranch
Assisteens also participate in fundraising activities, including:
- Working at Assistance League Resale
- Community donations
Meetings are held once a month on the 2nd or 3rd Monday (depending on Holidays) from 6:00-7:00 pm at Valencia Hills Clubhouse at 24060 Oak Vale Drive, Valencia. Other activities are held at various times and locations throughout the year.
All members are encouraged to participate by volunteering at Assistance League Resale, at Operation School Bell and attend the event at LARC Ranch. Participation in all events is voluntary.
Any boy or girl entering 7th through 11th grade in the upcoming fall semester is eligible to join. To join, you must complete membership forms, including a code of conduct, and pay the annual $40 membership fee.
For more information on the auxiliary and how to join, contact us at [email protected].